Accessibility Statement and Policies
Providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities
bossanova wine & beer is committed to excellence in serving all customers
including people with disabilities.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) we train all staff on our accessible customer service policies to help recognize and assist customers with disabilities with independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities.
Unless deemed a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern, persons with a disability can access our goods, services or facilities using assistive devices.
We will work with together with the person with a disability to determine what
method of communication works for them and take every reasonable step to
communicate in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
When we cannot easily identify that an animal is a service animal, our staff may ask a person to provide documentation (template, letter or form) from a regulated health professional that confirms the person needs the service animal for reasons relating to their disability.
If service animals are prohibited by another law, we will do the following to ensure people with disabilities can access our goods, services or facilities:
bossanova wine & beer will
- explain why the animal is excluded
- discuss with the customer another way of providing goods, services or facilities
bossanova wine & beer will provide accessible customer service training to:
- all employees and volunteers
- anyone involved in developing our policies
- anyone who provides goods, services or facilities to customers on our behalf.
Staff will be trained on accessible customer service within two days after being
Training will include:
- purpose of the AODA and the requirements of the customer service standard
- bossanova’s policies related to the customer service standard
- how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our goods, services or facilities
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service policies.
bossanova wine & beer welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible
customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way bossanova wine & beer provides goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities can provide feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, speaking with us in-store or by calling 647 386 5950.